About me – Chris A Tye, BA (Hons) Fine Art
I am an artist based near Ripon, North Yorkshire. My preferred media is paint, oil and acrylic, but I am also developing my skills in printmaking – in particular linoprint.
My work highlights things that people may pass everyday and not notice, presenting it in a way that attempts to make the viewer consider it through nostalgia and curiosity. My most recent work studies disused railway infrastructure and formed part of my final year degree project in 2019.
- Craven College, Skipton, 2012 – 2019
- Foundation Diploma in Fine Art – Distinction
- BA (Hons) Fine Art – 2:2
- Open University
- MA Art History – currently studying
- Harrogate Open Art Exhibition, 2019
- ‘Over By Christmas’, Holy Trinity Church, Skipton, December 2017 & 2018
- ‘Living Spaces’, Skipton, March 2016
- Craven College end of year show 2013-2019
- Pateley Bridge Art Club summer show 2015, 2017
- 2011 – 2017 inclusive: Nidderdale Show (annually) art classes (winner: Charlton Taylor Perpetual trophy for best in oil/watercolour classes, 2016)
- Member, Pateley Bridge Art Club – 2011 to present
- I produce the monthly newsletter for the club, help to steward the bi-annual exhibition, and initially created and set up the club website
- Niddart Trail
- I have provided technical support for the website for NiddArt Trail since 2014. I initially set this up; it has since been updated to a professional standard after proving its worth to the organisation.